Saturday 14 January 2012

Who writes this blog?


Hi, my name is Cindy and I am on a learning journey. I've been teaching part time ESL classes for 5 years in rural Manitoba. I love teaching EAL and I'm now taking classes at the University of Winnipeg to help me become better at what I love to do. Writing the word love and English in the same sentence still catches me off guard sometimes. As a young girl going to school I never imagined myself being a teacher and especially not an English teacher. I did very poorly in the subject of English as a child and I always needed extra help. I still recall Miss White’s strong perfume and bright pink lipstick, I spent a lot of one-on-one time with the lovely lady as she tried to help me improve my reading level. When I went to college for the first time they told me "Your English isn't at college level", I had to enroll in a "special" English class to get my English marks up to par. Sometimes people learn slowly, that was me, but I have learned. Now I am going to University (yes me!) to learn to teach others the ways and woes of this language we call English. Here in this space you are welcome to read along and comment as I journal my learning journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment